Are you looking for a solution to your mold problem? Worried that excess moisture is damaging your home’s structural integrity?
If this rings true with you, look to Modern Exterminating for expert moisture remediation in Columbia, Lexington, Aiken, and The Midlands. Since 1955, our home service experts have been going above and beyond to ensure that area homeowners have everything they need to remain comfortable and safe.
We like to say we have a PHD in customer care—that means professionalism, honesty, and dependability. We pride ourselves on fast response times, offering same-day service for when you just can’t wait.
And with a team of highly trained, certified technicians, you’re always sure to get the very best when you hire Modern Exterminating.
What Are The Signs You Need Moisture Remediation Services?
Moisture remediation services are essential when you have excessive moisture or water-related issues in your home or property.
Here are some signs that indicate you may need moisture remediation services:
- Visible Mold Growth: The presence of mold on walls, ceilings, or other surfaces is a clear sign of excessive moisture. Mold needs moisture to thrive, so if you see mold, it's an indicator of a moisture problem.
- Musty Odor: A persistent musty or damp smell in your home is often a sign of moisture issues. This odor is usually associated with mold or mildew growth.
- Water Stains: Stains on walls, ceilings, or floors can be a sign of water leaks or moisture intrusion. These stains may be discolored or have a water ring appearance.
- Warped or Buckled Flooring: Excessive moisture can cause wood floors to warp, laminate to bubble, or tile to become loose. If your flooring is showing signs of warping or buckling, moisture remediation may be necessary.
- Peeling Paint or Wallpaper: Moisture can cause paint or wallpaper to peel, bubble, or blister. If you notice these issues, it's a sign that moisture is affecting the underlying surfaces.
- High Humidity Levels: Monitoring indoor humidity levels is important. High humidity levels, especially above 60%, can contribute to moisture problems and mold growth. A hygrometer can help you measure humidity levels.
- Condensation: Excessive condensation on windows, walls, or pipes can be a sign of high humidity and inadequate ventilation, leading to potential moisture problems.
- Water Leaks: Obvious water leaks from plumbing, roofs, windows, or foundation cracks are clear indicators of moisture intrusion. Addressing these leaks promptly is crucial.
- Deteriorating Building Materials: Moisture can cause building materials like drywall, insulation, and wood to deteriorate over time. Look for signs of crumbling drywall, soggy insulation, or rotting wood.
- Health Issues: If occupants of a building experience health issues like allergies, respiratory problems, or skin irritation that seem to worsen indoors or improve when they leave, it could be due to mold or other moisture-related problems.
- Insect or Pest Infestations: Moist environments can attract pests such as termites, ants, and roaches. If you notice an increase in pest activity, it may be related to moisture issues.
- Foundation Cracks or Settling: Excessive moisture around or beneath your foundation can lead to cracks or settling. This can compromise the structural integrity of your home.
If you notice any of these signs, it's important to address them promptly to prevent further damage and potential health hazards.
Moisture remediation services can help identify the source of the problem and implement appropriate solutions to mitigate moisture-related issues.
Consulting with professionals experienced in moisture remediation is often the best course of action to ensure your property is safe and dry.
Your Satisfaction Is Guaranteed!
We are all about results and customer care, this is why we will do everything in our power to ensure you are happy with our services.
Local & Family Owned Business Since 1955We are proud to help keep your family safe, which is why pest control is not "just a job", it's in our blood and it has been for many generations.
Same-Day Appointments & Services Available
We get it - you found bugs and you want them gone as soon as possible! Call (803) 205-2744 to schedule your same-day appointment.
Too much moisture is a problem for any property. For one thing, it can lead to mold growth, and when mold spores make their way into your indoor air quality and enter your lungs, they can cause coughing, sneezing, throat irritation, and other health problems.
On top of this, mold eats away at the structural integrity of your property, wearing down wood faster and leading to potentially unsafe damage.
And as our pest control experts know firsthand, too much moisture also attracts pests, including termites, rodents, mosquitos, cockroaches, and other insects that pose a risk to your family’s comfort.
Fortunately, you’ll never have to worry about that as long as you’ve got the Columbia moisture remediation experts at Modern Exterminating on your side.
Modern Exterminating Is Proud to Offer Moisture Remediation Devices in Columbia, SC Including:
- Santa Fe™ Free-Standing Dehumidifiers: Santa Fe’s high-efficiency dehumidifiers remove odor-causing moisture and can maintain 50% relative humidity as recommended by the EPA, ASHRAE ( American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning ), American Lung Association, and American Medical Association.
- Polyethylene Moisture Barriers: The practice of installing six-millimeter polyethylene in crawlspace surfaces helps assist in the control of excess moisture vapor. Clemson University Regulatory Public Service Programs and Department of Pesticide Regulation recommends 80% ground coverage when using this cutting-edge technology.
- Temperature Control Ventilators: These passive vents are widely used and work well to ventilate most crawlspaces. They are highly effective because they are temperature sensitive, opening completely at approximately 70®F and closing at approximately 40®F.
- French Drains: French Drain or weeping tile is a trench filled with gravel or containing perforated pipe that redirects surface water and groundwater away from an area. This is a useful system for the removal of standing water from a crawl space.
- Sump Pumps: The purpose of a sump pump is to help keep basements or crawlspaces dry when it rains or an extreme weather event occurs. As any knowledgeable plumber will tell you, these appliances are essential for homes with basements, especially in parts of the country that get a lot of precipitation.
Our Columbia moisture remediation team can offer a wide range of solutions to help eliminate moisture problems, protecting your household and your property from pests, mold, and other issues.
Choose Modern Exterminating For Moisture Remediation Devices in Columbia, SC
At Modern Exterminating, there is nothing more important to us than your family’s comfort and safety. That’s why whether we are talking about conventional pest treatment or moisture remediation and other home services, you can count on us to get the job done right.
With a reputation for exceptional work going back to 1955, our team has the skills and experience needed to deliver complete satisfaction.
We also offer various deals and specials designed to appeal to any budget. And with complimentary consultations available upon request, there’s never a bad reason to call Modern Exterminating for more information about moisture remediation in Columbia and surrounding areas.
The Top 5 Pests That Threaten Restaurants and How to Combat Them
The Top 5 Most Common Pests That Affect Businesses: Prevention, Identification, and Treatment
The Financial Cost of Pest Infestations: Why Investing in Pest Prevention Pays Off
Understanding the Causes of Bed Bug Infestations: A Comprehensive Guide
Effective Scents to Repel Ants: A Comprehensive Guide
The Dangers of Bed Bugs: How Professional Bed Bug Control Can Protect Your Home and Your Health
How Much Damage Can Carpenter Bees Cause to My Home?
What Are The Most Common Summer Pests?